September 26, 2017
Welcome! As you may already know, South Shore Hospital is switching the dental insurance provider for their employees from Delta Dental to MetLife. We want you to completely understand this transition and how it will affect your benefits when you visit your dentist here at Columbian Square Dental, so today, we’re going to use this blog to answer a few key questions you’ll likely have.
Is Columbian Square Dental In-Network with MetLife?
We currently are NOT in-network with MetLife, but this shouldn’t deter you from coming to see us because our team of insurance experts knows exactly how to get the most out of our patients’ benefits, regardless of their plan.
Also, as healthcare employees, we know that you understand better than most that quality care usually ends up being the healthier financial decision over time anyway, and that’s exactly what you’ll find here at Columbian Square Dental thanks to our team of 3 highly-experienced dentists. With our preventive services and attention to detail, we’ll make sure that you won’t need more involved and potentially expensive procedures in the future.
How will this change my coverage?
If you are already a patient with us and have been using your Delta Dental employee benefits, you’ll likely see very little change in your out of pocket costs when you switch to MetLife:
- Generally, there will be no out of pocket cost for standard preventive care like cleanings, x-rays, and exams (if you do need to pay anything, the balance will be under $10).
- The out of pocket for a crown will be about $125 more than with Delta Dental.
- Periodontal cleanings every 3 months will be covered 100%.
- You will still be able to save on restorative procedures like crowns, dentures, and other major dental work when using MetLife with us. The amount of coverage you receive will depend on which dentist you visit and their individual contract with MetLife.
- We’ll still be able to give you an estimate of your out of pocket cost before you come in for treatment.
Have More Questions?
Hopefully this answered the major questions you had on your mind regarding this transition. We know how important it is to keep your dental care affordable, and our team puts a lot of time and effort into making sure we always get the most out of our patients’ plans. The key thing to know here is that your benefits will not change that much with MetLife, and you’ll still be able to enjoy the comprehensive, high-quality care Columbian Square Dental is known for without straining your budget.
If you’d like to know more specifics as to how we can use your new plan to help you save at your next appointment, please contact us today with your policy information handy, and we’ll be happy to answer your questions!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.